Grapefruit Crush, the perfect summer cocktail. The sunny weather is something we have all been waiting for. Now it has, it is time to relax with some ice-cold drinks.
Grapefruit Crush is a drink inspired from Baltimore, where the crushed ice drink first originated. I visited Baltimore in January for the American football play-offs and we were SO lucky with the weather – 19 degrees in January – so T-shirts and Crushed cocktails became a thing.
This drink can be enjoyed with alcohol or not, either way it is a refreshing treat. It’s a versatile cocktail recipe and can be enjoyed with or without alcohol.
- 1 Grapefruit (or carton of Grapefruit juice or syrup)
- Crushed Ice
- 1-2 shots of clear spirits – Gin/Vodka/White Rum
- Sprite/Lemonade – to top up
To make, first ensure you have ice in the freezer.
Take a tumbler, and if making the Grapefruit Crush alcoholic, add in a shot of your chosen beverage – preferably a clear spirit. I have tried this with gin and vodka and both taste great! If not, add more lemonade in the next step.
Squeeze half of the grapefruit juice into the glass. Take 3 or 4 scoops of ice and crush them in a blender. Fill the glass with ice.
Finally, top up with the sprite and serve!
- 1 Grapefruit
- 1 Shot Clear Alcoholic Spirit Gin, Vodka, White Rum
- Glassful of crushed ice
- Glassful of Lemonade
- Ensure you have ice in the freezer.
- Take a glass and add a shot of your chosen spirit.
- Juice half the grapefruit into the glass.
- Crush 3-4 scoops of ice in a blender and fill the glass.
- Top up with lemonade.