This Old Fashioned lemonade is a brilliant homemade recipe and really easy to make. This light and refreshing fresh lemonade is made from only 3 ingredients and takes less than half an hour.
This recipe forms the base of my Pink Lemonade which is made by adding in Strawberries. Both of these recipes make a lemonade cordial so you get more lemonade for fewer ingredients.
My Boyfriend’s Mum first showed me this recipe at a birthday BBQ and I was hooked straight from my first sip! It was one of the hottest days in summer and this drink really hit the spot. It’s sweet and has the right amount of sharpness at the same time.
This recipe is free-from the main 14 allergens and is suitable for a LOW Fodmap diet. I like to make my recipes simple without compromising on flavour and can’t help but see recipe creation with under 4 or 5 ingredients a challenge.
You can make your Fresh Lemonade as strong as you like by simply adding more cordial to mixer.
Enjoy your Old Fashioned Lemonade with Tonic, soda or tap water, or for a weekend treat, why not add in some gin or vodka for a lemon-flavoured gin and tonic or vodka-soda!
Why not try some other drinks recipes here.
Homemade Fresh Lemonade
- 700 ml water
- 1 1/4 Cups Caster sugar More/less to taste
- 3 Lemons
- Put everything in a saucepan and boil until the lemons are soft and mushy. This should take around 20 minutes or so.
- Squeeze and take out the leftover lemons.
- Allow to cool and pour into a reusable bottle. This forms your lemonade cordial.
- Mix a small amount with tonic water or tap water with ice for fizzy lemonade and garnish with a lemon, for a refreshing fresh drink.