Who wants this Pink Lemonade? It’s the hottest day of the year so far, so why not grab a refreshing drink to cool you down.
This fresh strawberry lemonade is homemade and really easy to make. This recipe is based on my Fresh Lemonade but with the addition of strawberries. Both of these recipes make a lemonade cordial so you get more lemonade for fewer ingredients. You can make your lemonade as strong as you like by simply adding more cordial to mixer.
This pink lemonade would be a good base for a cocktail and I’ve added gin in mine a fair few times.
This recipe uses whole strawberries – even the stalks – so there is no food waste.
Simply add sugar, lemons and strawberries to a saucepan of water and simmer. Pair with tonic water to dilute down.
I use ordinary granulated sugar as this is low in FODMAP but this can always be swapped out for honey or sweetener if you prefer.
I like to drink my pink lemonade with a few sprigs of crushed mint in mine for a strawberry and mint taste. It’s the perfect soft drink for summer!
- 700 ml Water
- 1 1/4 cups sugar more or less to taste
- 1 Lemon
- 10 Strawberries, including the stalk
- Add everything into a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Scoop out the strawberries and lemon and allow the lemonade to cool.
- Pour into a sealable bottle and keep in the fridge for 2 weeks.
- Use the lemonade as a cordial and dilute with tonic water or tap water.
Why not try my other drinks recipes – there’s plenty if choice from soft drinks to cocktails. Find drinks here.